Clear all

Doing Research on Mature Metal Jailbird

7 Posts
4 Users
9 Likes
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

Hi everyone.  Well it seems that Ms. K has renewed interested in locking me in a cage ... again.  We started our lifestyle assuming a cage was "required" as part of our WLM lifestyle.  She soon discovered that she preferred the honor system (which has worked) because hygiene for the CB6000 was meh, and because she wanted spontaneous access to her little friend without having to wait for removal and washing.  Henceforth, the cage was relegated to punishment purposes because, well, when she felt the need for punishment, access to her little friend wasn't going to be an issue for at least a few days.

We were browsing some pictures and she saw the Mature Metal Jailbird and has decided that the design would be better in the hygiene department and sent me off to research.  The final part of my research is to ask my friends here that use the Jail Bird for their opinions.

So, before committing to a sizable purchase (expensive), if you would be so kind to reply with your thoughts on the Jail Bird?

Emma, if I may ask, what cage and model do you have Kevin in?  And ... what are your thoughts on that device?

Thank you in advance everyone.

Advertisement

Posted : 23/12/2020 8:43 am
Dharmaproject
(@dharmaproject)
Trusted Member

The Mature Metal Jailbird is the cage I wear 90-95% of the time. I also have an Evotion cage as well as several other metal cages and a Holy Trainer (which I’ve never been able to get completely on). If I’m caged and not wearing the Jailbird then I’m wearing the Evotion. 

When we started playing with chastity, I did a lot of research and then decided to physically sample as much as I could. If I could do it again, I’d have just bought one or two cheap metal cages to determine fit and then purchased the Jailbird. 

I followed the instructions on Mature Metal’s site and bought their sizing rings. I was convinced that I’d correctly ordered the Jailbird but I had to send it back and get it shortened. They say measure over a few days and then deduct a quarter of an inch. I ended up having them shorten the cage by another half inch and some days wish that I’d had them shorten it by another quarter of an inch so an entire inch from the smallest measurement but that’s just me. I do believe that a shorter cage is more comfortable. 

I also had them add a second hole to the post for a security tag since I upgraded to the security screws so I could put a security tag on it. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I hadn’t spent the extras money on these options as I’ve never used the security tag and quickly found out that the screw option was a pain for me to line up and screw in and my wife prefers the pleasure of clicking the lock shut as we use a padlock instead of the screw. 

I would recommend upgrading to a double base ring and the oval over the round. That is one upgrade I’m glad I purchased. 

I did not purchase the punishment pins so I can’t give you an opinion on those. 

Finally, the cleanliness factor. Despite the fact that the cage is open and I scrub myself with a sponge, soap, and spend a couple minutes blasting it with a detachable shower head, I still find that there is a funky smell after a few days. I don’t see how I can properly clean the cage and myself without fully removing it. Maybe that is just me but I’ve tried several times to find a solution to clean everything without removing the cage. 

All in all, my experience with Mature Metal was positive and they were very easy to deal with and quickly responded to my emails. Due to my impulsiveness, I could have saved ~$200 but I had some extra money due to the pandemic not allowing me to leave the house. 

Posted : 26/12/2020 9:28 am
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

@dharmaproject

Thanks so much for the intel my friend.  

Posted : 27/12/2020 8:44 am
Mstara
(@mstara)
Honorable Member

We've been using a Jailbird for about 2 years now and found it to be a game changer.
Whilst is it expensive (approx. £400), the money we'd spent previously on other cages probably equates to about half this cost. As we are in the UK the cost of import duty added about another £100 to the price.

Getting the sizing right is crucial as dharmaproject says. Hubby had a good idea of the base ring size from the experience he'd had wearing other cages but he took his time in the other measurements and re did these numerous times over about a month just to be sure. He also said that at first his excitement at the prospect of getting the cage meant he wasn't fully flaccid the first few times he measured!

For us the open bar design has meant that he can keep clean with daily washing, but it does need to be daily as there can be a urinary smell at the end of the day to be honest. However this has meant that long term wearing 24/7 has been achieved in relative comfort (well for me anyway - lol!). But for him he can get a decent nights sleep except for when he gets his morning wood. The open bar design also allows me some access to tease, much to his discomfort/pleasure.

So in summary you need to measure lots of times as you only get one shot at the build but we have found it worth the money if you are looking for long term enclosure.

Posted : 29/12/2020 2:59 am
Mstara
(@mstara)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @dharmaproject

I ended up having them shorten the cage by another half inch

We didn't realise that this was possible - is it just the length that they can shorten?

Posted : 29/12/2020 3:03 am
Dharmaproject
(@dharmaproject)
Trusted Member

@mstara it is my understanding that they can shorten the length but they can’t adjust the diameter of the cage. I’d suggest emailing them to make sure. 

Posted : 29/12/2020 2:07 pm
mstara, mstara and mstara reacted
Joebear
(@joebear)
Eminent Member

Mature metal is a great company. Product is excellent. Service is excellent. Had a jailbird for maybe 2 weeks. Lol. I really really liked the stealheart by steelworxx. I just love the total denial of the tube. After a few days you touch the tube and nothing is felt. Total mind trip. Expect to wait though. 2-3 months. I've recently bought a kink3d plastic cage. And what a difference. It just fits so nice. And the no weight is great also. 

Posted : 08/01/2021 3:51 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement