Clear all

Religious endorsing of male chastity

3 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Johnnyiscaged
(@johnnyiscaged)
Topic starter

Have you any of you ever heard of the Vow of Onah before? It's apparently a Jewish tradition that a man take this vow on his wedding day which carry ten instructions.  Check out the first 2:

1. Sex is considered a woman's right, not a man's (the husband is to ensure that all forms of sexual touch are pleasurable for her.)

2. Sex for personal satisfaction without regard for the woman's pleasure is wrong and considered evil.

Those 2 certainly sound like an endorsement of a FLR, if not mail chastity.  I could see it catching on in christian settings too as masturbation is so often frowned upon and its often taught males can't contain themselves.  Perhaps hopeful signs that FLR and male chastity isn't too far from becoming normative/mainstream?

Sources: https://tinaschermersellers.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/the-vow-of-onah-and-other-jewish-attitudes-about-sex/

Advertisement

https://businessinnovatorsradio.com/46-dr-tina-sellers-sex-god-and-the-conservative-church/#:~:text=The%20Vow%20of%20Onah,period%2C%20favoring%20women%20over%20men.

Posted : 04/09/2020 12:20 pm
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

I know very little about Judaism so I read both your links and found it to be quite interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Posted : 04/09/2020 5:21 pm
(@Anonymous)

You're welcome @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j! I can't claim to know much about Judaism either but I recently stumbled upon the Vow of Onah and thought you might appreciate it also. Hopefully this is being taught still. I don't think it would take much to go from that to embracing male chastity and female led relationships.

This is the same Johnny, btw. I had to make a new account as I was having trouble with my old email. I think I got it working now! 

Posted : 04/09/2020 7:50 pm

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement