9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

Received this from someone today, is anyone having similar problems accessing the site? 

Just in case you cannot see it from your end, and no one else has reported it:  The site has been pretty wonky recently.  The most problematic is that navigating from one page to another causes me to be logged out.  I can log back in again, try to go to the same thing and may get logged out again.

I have noticed it when trying to go to the forums through the main tabs at the top of the page.  And, of course, the problem is intermittent.

If I ever have issues they are usually fixed by closing and reopening my browser. I am bad at restarting my laptop so I usually just reboot and issues go away. I heard this isn't as important for Mac computers but mine is an HP. And then again, you all probably know this stuff better than I do.

Stuck Wonder Woman Gif

Posted : 28/06/2022 10:47 am
Corey
(@corey)

No issues on my side. Maybe check that you're indeed accepting cookies -- some Firefoxes don't retain them per user preferences.

Posted : 28/06/2022 11:11 am
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@corey I'm using chrome and having no problems so maybe that helps too.

Posted : 28/06/2022 12:29 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

No problems on my end either.  When things get wonkey, I just log off, shut down the browser, open it back up and log back in.  Works every time!

Advertisement

Posted : 28/06/2022 1:15 pm
Jamesm
(@jamesm)

Same for me it works good. I also use Google Chrome.

Posted : 29/06/2022 10:12 am
Jc5200
(@jc5200)
Trusted Member

Yes, it seems to run slow for me either on my phone or PC. Sometimes pages take a lot of refreshing.

Posted : 01/07/2022 5:21 am
Allabouther
(@allabouther)

I have seen problems, but it appears to be with my MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone displaying old, cached pages, not a problem with the site.  This is a new problem that I never noticed before.   There must be something in the latest updates that changes how cached pages are used.

When it appears that I have been logged out, I can go back and navigate to where I want to go by avoiding the cached page and I see I was never really logged out.  I just have to go clear out my cashed memory.

This post was modified 2 years ago by AllAboutHer

Posted : 01/07/2022 6:54 am
Corey
(@corey)

I think I hit at least part of the issue. On some specific topics, I get what has all the looks of a cached version of the page: it loads much quicker than other pages, isn't up-to-date, shows me as not logged in -- all this while another topic in the same session will give me the right page. I've cleared my own cache so this is very likely coming from some other cache along the way. Perhaps Cloudflare or WordPress somewhere does this caching it shouldn't.

Posted : 03/07/2022 10:07 am
Allabouther
(@allabouther)

@corey that is why I would see the same issue on different devices.

Posted : 03/07/2022 10:51 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement