Clear all

Dollers and SENSE

10 Posts
8 Users
54 Likes
Djbrax800
(@djbrax800)
Topic starter

You try and act like you do this for the kindness of your heart but then you have ADS all over the site and you ask for DONATIONS like you are a charity. I find it funny thats all, just admit to yourself and your readers that your running a business. 

Posted : 18/05/2022 1:15 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Tincup
(@tincup)

If a person likes the content on a site well enough to create a profile, it's probably not too much to ask them to scroll by ads in order to view said content. It is also not a sin to ask for patronage.

I found myself spending quite a bit of time on the site and enjoy the content and discussion. I am happy to support Emma and this site in some small way. To each, their own.

Posted : 18/05/2022 3:42 pm
restrainedlove, Emma, restrainedlove and 3 people reacted
Allabouther
(@allabouther)

Haters gonna hate.

Posted : 18/05/2022 5:03 pm
restrainedlove, Emma, restrainedlove and 3 people reacted
Djbrax800
(@djbrax800)
Topic starter

@allabouther Not a hater. Just another person tired of everybody asking for a handout.

Advertisement

Posted : 18/05/2022 7:19 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Bestwhencaged
(@bestwhencaged)
Estimable Member

This doesn't come for free and I don't think Emma is struggling between Ferrari, Lamborghini, or both.

Posted : 18/05/2022 8:44 pm
AllAboutHer, TinCup, Emma and 6 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Hi @djbrax800 and welcome to the site. The website hosting costs are about $40/month. I have some site plugins and customizations I subscribe to that add functionality and they are about $200 over the course of the year. The theme of the site is about $80 yr. All in, I would say that I am right around 800 per year but then I buy photos from a stock images site to use for the topics. Some of them take one or two photos so it costs me around $3-5 for every blog that I post.

I make around 30 cents a day in ads (sample is attached) so that means I make just over $100yr plus whatever people are so generous to donate which is currently $55 a month in donations which I am extremely thankful for. So to answer your question, I lose money by running this site but I enjoy it and I enjoy the people that this site has attracted. If you don't like it, I invite you to kindly open your mind and see what wonderful people frequent this little corner of the internet.

Kev refers to the site as "my writing" and he knows just how cathartic it is for me to type my thoughts. I ask him generally not to contribute or really even discuss my blogs with me unless something troubles him. I love it and I don't really know you but please accept my outstretched hand welcoming you to the site. I'm not begging for money but I appreciate every little token of appreciation that comes my way. If the ads bother you and you want them to go away, contribute $1/month. If you don't mind the ads, please continue to contribute nothing but your words, your thoughts and your presence. I just ask that you be kind to everyone here so EYM doesn't turn into what so many other sites have become.

I work for free and that is ok. I have a job that pays the bills and a thousand dollars a year is far less than many people pay for their hobbies. Kev reminded me that I don't owe an explanation but I don't mind giving one. I certainly appreciate the support from anyone that has the means to provide it. If you don't have the means or choose not to contribute anything, I really don't mind.

Thanks Love Gif

Posted : 18/05/2022 9:18 pm
Sam, shegets2, Jafo987 and 18 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: @bestwhencaged

This doesn't come for free and I don't think Emma is struggling between Ferrari, Lamborghini, or both.

Right? My Kia is my baby. We did splurge for a wedding LIMO which was neat!

Pro Wrestling Sport Gif By All Elite Wrestling

Posted : 18/05/2022 9:24 pm
TinCup, TinCup and TinCup reacted
Corey
(@corey)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j Thanks for sharing this!

Indeed when reading it I realized that a new firewall I've set up is a little too tight and blocks the ads here. I can't easily fine-tune it so I'm going the Patreon route which is much easier 🙂

Posted : 19/05/2022 8:59 am
Restrainedlove
(@restrainedlove)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

I am right around 800 per year

I make just over $100yr plus [about] $55 a month in donations

Thanks for your contributions to such a great site. I always figured you deserved to get paid for your efforts (with the advertisements). I didn't realize you were paying. I appreciate the safe space you have created here.

Posted : 20/05/2022 11:49 pm
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @restrainedlove

Thanks for your contributions to such a great site.

It is a distinct honor and pleasure to contribute (Patreon) to this wonderful woman and this marvelous resource.

Posted : 21/05/2022 7:07 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement