Clear all

OK Emma, I've been meaning to ask cuz I've always sorta wondered

3 Posts
3 Users
21 Likes
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)
Topic starter

During a recent conversation with a trusted friend, I remembered something I wondered about and never got around to asking you about.  Yoga Girl and her amazing (now defunct) website  - flr101.  Her site was essentially the only one that was devoted specifically to FLR/WLM, written by an intelligent woman that practiced what she preached and wasn't flooded with silly and unnecessary wank fodder and other bullshit that is commonly found on most other sites.  It was sophisticated, intelligent and most importantly unapologetic about the real things that those of us in the lifestyles see, feel and live everyday.  Through her eyes and mind, and full of specific, sometimes  graphic examples of her life.  Then one day ... without warning or explanation ... poof, it was gone, leaving her many fans wondering what happened.

Then, all of a sudden your amazing site appeared on my radar and over the past few years, many others as well.  The first thing that caught my eye about your site Emma was your "ode" to Yoga Girl and the excellent work she had done, followed by similarly amazing information and material of your own.  Your site had the same look, the same feel and even arguably, a similar picture that used to exist in the banner for your page.  Similar in that it was a picture of an attractive young woman from in exercise gear, showing her looking off to what was probably better things.  I was ecstatic to have found EYM because it seemed to pick up right where Yoga Girl left off.   

Ok, ok, I'll get to the question .....   Are you Yoga Girl, reincarnated as Emma?  ?   I hope you don't mind me asking in public and if it's none of my f-ing business, just say so and I'll leave it alone.

Big Lebowski Reaction Gif By Moodman

Posted : 02/11/2021 4:02 pm
Sam, Emma, Sam and 3 people reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin

First off, I am flattered because I'll be the first to say that Yoga Girl got me started on my journey. I ran across her site and it opened a whole new window into sexuality for me. Unfortunately I am not yoga girl but I wish I was.

I started my blog in the absence of hers after checking her blog on a near hourly basis since for some reason her site notifications never worked properly for me. At the time, I had little to offer but enthusiasm and curiosity and that is how my site began. My initial blogs were weak but certainly drew inspiration from Yoga Girl's ways. The truth is, she was more prescriptive than I liked so I always had to take her with a grain of salt. I think taking her blogs not-literally actually increased my creativity into how Kev and I would use the blueprints to build the FLR foundation that we now live upon. YG wasn't too open to criticism and the comments section would often turn into a flame war. It was also clear that YG was learning about herself and her husband as she went along.

Advertisement

She was my Miyagi and I am her Daniel San. I felt like we had some things in common including visual similarities of the person in the header of her website with myself. Young, strong females don't have a ton people from which to inspire strength and she was that for me. No quesiton.

I don't know anything about her but I wish I knew why she stopped. When she disappeared, something was missing for me. I snatched up the blogs that I could find and re-read them. For the first week or two I checked her blog daily but it was still disabled (notably not deleted). I still check from time to time, hoping that she will come out of retirement to show us the way. Hah.

Her blog was no more but the curiosity she inspired was not dead, it was very much alive. I had nothing to do with the energy that I spent on her page. I also had zero experience with websites so I started the first version on WordPress and quickly outgrew it. The whole thing has been an incredible learning experience and my curiosity and creativity about the site undoubtedly led me to my recently acquired employment in the realm of marketing. I still don't know what I am doing and have a massive case of impostor syndrome in the workplace but I am working through it and I can say that I owe my inspiration to YG. So... thank you Yoga Girl. Wherever you are.

Dont Give Up Gif

Thanks for asking the question @subhubphx I am absolutely flattered.

Posted : 02/11/2021 4:55 pm
subhubphx, Sam, djv and 6 people reacted
Djv
 djv
(@djv)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j That was a great back story and explanation of it all, and very inspiring to women. You have literally turned an interest into a lifestyle, blog, webpage and now a career.

Just think of all the penis locked in cages because of your page! ?

Seriously though, I know you have helped my marriage and I suspect many more after  spending time here, reading and getting to hear other’s stories and daily musings of their lives. 
You may not be YG, but you have obviously taken her inspirations and ran with it to new places and heights, and we all thank you for being so bold.

Posted : 03/11/2021 6:57 am
Emma, subhubphx, Emma and 3 people reacted

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement