6 Posts
5 Users
36 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

If anyone is curious about the absence of Steph and Dave, they have decided to leave EYM for the following reasons:

Miss Emma,

This is Stephanie, aka "Steph."  It has been made clear to us that we have offended many members at the EYM site, especially you, and you have been very tolerant and patient with us.  It seems we express our vanilla views in a way that disrespects you, the members, and the core values of the lifestyle.  This was never our intent and both Dave and I want to offer a sincere apology for offending the members and especially you. 

Dave and I talked last night and have decided to separate our love life from the WWW.  We do not fit into chastity or FLR web sites and definitely do not have a standard marriage so we will keep the private stuff between us and a couple that are our best friends. 

You have a very well run site and we apparently have caused a loss of harmony there and so I am asking you to delete "Steph" and "StephsDave" from your membership roles. 

I know you can delete posts so it would be best if you would remove all of our topics and posts from the forum and our comments on your blogs.  I think most members would be more comfortable if they were eliminated and our posts would no longer be a distraction to those who are involved in the Domination, chastity, kink life style.   We are truly sorry that we upset you and the members who are true to the core values of the site.

Sincerely,

Stephanie 

P.S.      If anyone asks why the posts were removed you may post this E-Mail as both an explanation and a public apology.  Please black out my last name and E-Mail address.

They will be missed and I of course don't have a problem with either Steph or Dave. I tried to say as much in a subsequent email chain but they insisted on leaving the site and asked that I post this email from both of them bidding you all adieu. 

Bye Steph & Dave!

Posted : 17/11/2021 5:25 pm
subhubphx, lockedforlynn, subhubphx and 3 people reacted
Subhubphx
(@subhubphx)

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

If anyone is curious about the absence of Steph and Dave, they have decided to leave EYM for the following reasons:

Miss Emma,

This is Stephanie, aka "Steph."  It has been made clear to us that we have offended many members at the EYM site, especially you, and you have been very tolerant and patient with us.  It seems we express our vanilla views in a way that disrespects you, the members, and the core values of the lifestyle.  This was never our intent and both Dave and I want to offer a sincere apology for offending the members and especially you. 

Dave and I talked last night and have decided to separate our love life from the WWW.  We do not fit into chastity or FLR web sites and definitely do not have a standard marriage so we will keep the private stuff between us and a couple that are our best friends. 

You have a very well run site and we apparently have caused a loss of harmony there and so I am asking you to delete "Steph" and "StephsDave" from your membership roles. 

I know you can delete posts so it would be best if you would remove all of our topics and posts from the forum and our comments on your blogs.  I think most members would be more comfortable if they were eliminated and our posts would no longer be a distraction to those who are involved in the Domination, chastity, kink life style.   We are truly sorry that we upset you and the members who are true to the core values of the site.

Sincerely,

Stephanie 

P.S.      If anyone asks why the posts were removed you may post this E-Mail as both an explanation and a public apology.  Please black out my last name and E-Mail address.

They will be missed and I of course don't have a problem with either Steph or Dave. I tried to say as much in a subsequent email chain but they insisted on leaving the site and asked that I post this email from both of them bidding you all adieu. 

Bye Steph & Dave!

I don't and didn't have a problem with Steph or Dave either.  What they do or did works for them, and that's good enough for me.  We all have the right and ability to pay attention or ignore what we will for whatever reason we may or may not have.  To each their own. 

That said, is removing their volumes of words and posts necessary in order to avoid a "distraction"?  Emma, of course it is your option to do what you think is best for your site, but if I was asked my opinion, and I realize that I'm not, I'd say leave what is already chronicled in place.  There is much value in history, even if people don't like what that history is. 

Advertisement

"Just my opinion ... I could be wrong"  -  Dennis Miller

Jack Black Reaction Gif

Posted : 17/11/2021 6:42 pm
true42, djv, true42 and 3 people reacted
Lockedforlynn
(@lockedforlynn)
Trusted Member

I won't miss them, but I believe that what happens shouldn't be erased.

I stopped reading their posts and skipped comments for the reasons mentioned.  (Just to give support to the user who did make the comment)  Their point of view had an antagonist delivery and I think they were wearing out their message.  Plus it was a single comment to push them off the tipping point and leave....

Posted : 18/11/2021 8:10 am
philaster, J.S., djv and 6 people reacted
Djv
 djv
(@djv)

ive been on here maybe 2 months now. In that 2 months, their 15 paragraph diatribes had already gotten old. It seemed they were always trying to explain how their lifestyle was superior to everyone else’s. That’s not cool. Which is exactly why their posts should be left on here. So, if someone else reads it all, it has context.
Emma, there  were several of us, who were ready to say something. Many of us had already tried to in a more indirect, polite way with them. 
One other point, which I never understood:

Calling themselves too vanilla or a vanilla couple, while he is kept in chaste, they had a playspace built in their basement, and regularly meet up with lifestyle friends for sexy fun….I think they may have misunderstood the terms vanilla and kink

Posted : 18/11/2021 8:36 am
philaster, lockedforlynn, philaster and 3 people reacted
Djv
 djv
(@djv)

Posted by: @lockedforlynn

Plus it was a single comment to push them off the tipping point and leave....

Exactly. If you’re going to state strong opinions, be ready to get some feedback. 

Posted : 18/11/2021 8:55 am
True42
(@true42)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @evolvingyourman_ivcr4j

This site is fundamentally kinky, and focused on a fundamentally kinky topic, and part of kink is accepting other people's kinks, and that their kinks are often going to differ substantially from one's own. In kink world, respect and acceptance of others (when their behavior is among consenting adults and not hurtful to others) is essential.

This is a first principle. I hope it will be maintained here.

My $.02

Posted : 18/11/2021 12:58 pm
philaster, djv, philaster and 3 people reacted

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement