5 Posts
3 Users
9 Likes
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

I've made a couple small changes to the site and my email is now hosted elsewhere (address is still the same, emma at evolvingyourman.com). I think everything is working but it seems like small changes can sometimes backfire when you don't truly know what you are doing. Let me know if you are experiencing any issues.

Love You Bb21 Gif By Big Brother After Dark

Posted : 30/05/2022 1:42 pm
nevertoolate, subhubphx, nevertoolate and 3 people reacted
Allabouther
(@allabouther)

So far, so good.

Posted : 30/05/2022 2:06 pm
Corey
(@corey)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j Thanks for letting us know! Does that also affect forum- or website-generated email, or only messages sent directly to you? I've just hit a red bubble reading "Can't send confirmation email" when subscribing for changes here.

Speaking about email, technical stuff ahead: I received one a few days ago that had an invalid DKIM signature (the key is missing! But I have an idea where it is...). This causes messages to get tagged as junk or be discarded by the receiving side (worst case, quite unlikely but happens).

Posted : 30/05/2022 4:42 pm
Emma, Emma and Emma reacted
Evolvingyourman
 Emma
(@evolvingyourman)
Famed Member Admin
Topic starter

@corey It would be emails sent directly to me AND emails that come from the site. The all use the same email host.

Advertisement

I may turn off the new post notifications since they seem to cause problems when sending nearly 4000+ emails every time a new blog is posted. I did 4 today so now it has to contend with 12 thousand emails. I did have to setup DKIM and something called SPF when I changed the email to the new company but I think I did it correctly. If I send you an email can you check?

The easy solution would be to use something like mailchimp like we have at work but they have strict policies about "objectionable content" which is most likely a category that we fall into. I'd hate to have them shut the email down and need to scramble to figure something else out. This isn't the first time that email has been a problem. Having so many users on the site is a blessing and a curse. Most of the visitors are lurkers who never register but I want them to have a good experience too.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Emma

Posted : 30/05/2022 10:39 pm
Corey
(@corey)

@evolvingyourman_ivcr4j Sure, please go ahead and I'll check that!

Posted : 31/05/2022 7:00 am

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement