16 Posts
8 Users
30 Likes
Ahhh_Romance
(@ahhh_romance)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @richris

My wife and I kept separate names when we married, but we agreed that the children should take her name.  As a result, when we need a "family name" we generally use hers, so I do get called "Mr Hername" on occasion.  Full disclosure?  It feels hot! 🙂

I have toyed many times with legally changing my name to match hers.  What keeps stopping me is that I have a *very* unusual last name and no brothers.  There is no next generation with our name, and its passing makes me a little sad.

Truth be told, I also find it a hot premise, but the practicalities of the matter are concerning, especially when dealing with the public. 

She has said that she is not so much into having me and my name go into oblivion (because it will) but rather that I would be 'absorbed' into her family's history as a submissive to her. She has a large family with three sibling males, and they do not have any offspring. Our children have my surname.

If this were to become 'official' my new surname would just evolve into our lives as the need arises, as if nobody would be the wiser to my former surname. Any roadblocks would then become my responsibility to deal with and solve; not hers. Much the same as when I bring up an issue related to wearing a cage, and possibly being embarrassed by that fact. It's attached to me, and any issues are mine to deal with. 

Posted : 24/05/2021 1:40 pm
Page 2 / 2

Advertisement

Share:

Advertisement